Granite Care and Maintenance
Granite is a naturally durable material that will keep its beauty for generations with simple and easy care and cleaning. Your granite will receive one application of sealant prior to installation, and a second application after installation to ensure stain resistance.
Once installed, to protect the beauty and durability of your granite, please:
- Don’t use abrasive cleaners.
- Avoid prolonged exposure to oils and oil-based products.
- Avoid exposing your counter to extreme heat (use coasters and trivets).
- Use a cutting board to avoid scratching the stone.
- Use a mild soap and cotton cloth to clean your counter.
- Wipe up spills quickly to prevent staining.
- Dry dust mop floors frequently to prevent dulling.
- Reseal counters every 2-5 years depending on need.
Use a damp cloth to wipe the stone or a liquid dish soap to remove oil or grime from the surface. Rinse with clean water to remove residual soap film. DO NOT use abrasive cleaners. A dry cloth can be used to dry and buff the granite and remove any streaking. Oil spills should be wiped up immediately to avoid staining the granite.